Full of Life Farm – July 9th, 2011 Family and Friends Day
Picnic on the Lawn
Live Bluegrass Music by Corral Creek
Bring a picnic lunch, favorite beverage and a blanket for the lawn!
- • Farm Store will be open 10am – 3pm
- • See how your food is raised
- • Meet friends and share stories
- • 10:30 am » Guided walking farm tour (will last about 90 minutes)
- • 12:00 noon » Head to the lawn area
- • 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm » Picnic on the lawn and bluegrass music by Corral Creek
When: Saturday, July 9th, from 10 am to 3 pm.
Cost: FREE to all.
Location: At the farm: 7358 Champoeg Rd. NE, Saint Paul, Oregon 97137
What to expect
Ample free parking is available in one of our pastures. The grass will be mowed but the ground will be uneven, making it difficult for wheel chairs and strollers.
Come take a walk through our pastures with Bernard Smith, owner of Full of Life Farm guiding the way and explaining how and why we do things the way we do. See first hand how Full of Life Farm cares for the animals and manages soil and forage.
- - Rotational grazing of cattle
- - Natural bug control and pasture sanitization with the Eggmobile
- - Using multiple species to improve forage and pasture quality
- - Brooding and raising broiler chickens on pasture
- - Soil improvement as the foundation of life
Your physical comfort:
Pasture grass on our walk may be as high as 12 inches and the ground will be uneven making it very difficult for strollers or wheel chairs. But feel free to give it a go. Depending on where the animals are that day, we may be walking up to one mile. If the sun gets too hot or the kids lose interest, you can always leave the tour early and walk back to the farm house to find a place in the shade on the lawn.
Bring a blanket for the lawn and join us there, in the shade, and be entertained by Corral Creek Bluegrass with their mix of good old gospel and bluegrass music. It’s always a family show including sing-a-longs, humorous stories, and good times by all. Don’t forget to bring your picnic lunch and a blanket!